VALLEY FORGE RESUMING ONSITE WORSHIP SERVICES STARTING SUNDAY, JULY 12, 2020
After two weeks of temporarily closing our onsite services, we are re-opening with restrictions on Sunday, July 12, 2020 for those who choose to return in person. This re-opening will be based on the CDC and Tennessee Guidance for Gathering Together in Houses of Worship. With our economy re-opening and the summer travel season in full swing, there are obviously more people moving about in our community. This, along with the significant increase in COVID testing has resulted in a rise in the number of cases … not only in our area, but nationwide. If we wait until there are few or no active cases in our county or affiliated with our church, we may not be able to re-open for quite some time. With almost everything else open around us, there are many in our Church Family who want an option of attending onsite and are ready to return. Also, there are many in our Church Family who are not ready to return and will continue to join us online. This plan provides both options and allows us to worship together in two ways! Either way, you are a part of our Valley Forge Family!
NOT QUITE READY TO ATTEND IN PERSON?
No problem! If you are still uncertain and have concerns, we truly understand and highly encourage you to remain online until you are comfortable with returning. We are thankful and blessed to be able to offer online services Sundays at 10:45am and 6:00pm and Wednesdays at 7:00pm. You are still a part of our Church family! Click Here to Watch Online
Please continue to worship online if you have any risk factors at all. Do not put yourself or others at risk by attending with symptoms, sickness, etc. This includes if you have been around anyone who is or has been sick or symptomatic. Again, please do not take any unnecessary chances with your health and the health of others.
BEFORE ATTENDING A SERVICE ONSITE OR IN-PERSON
- MAKE THE CHOICE THAT IS BEST FOR YOU Our Church Staff and Leadership have done everything we know to do in taking extra precautions in an attempt to reduce the spread of COVID-19 and provide a safe environment for those attending onsite. However, as with any workplace, business, organization, etc. we cannot control this virus or guarantee that you / your family will not become exposed or infected. We are counting on each individual / family to understand and access the risks involved and make their own decision on whether to return at this time or wait until later. You have a choice.
- SCREEN YOURSELF AND FAMILY and be able to say “No” to all of these questions before attending in person: If “Yes” to any of these, please join us online.
- Have you been in close contact with a confirmed COVID-19 case in the past two weeks?
- Have you had a fever of 100 or more in the last 48 hours?
- Have you recently had: fever or chills, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, fatigue (tiredness), muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion, nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea?
- Have you traveled to a designated “COVID Hot Spot” in the past two weeks? (Note: many regional cases are due to traveling outside of our area).
- REGISTER OR RSVP ONLINE as a courtesy with the number of seats you need before you get here so we can plan ahead. Click here to register or go to our website or app. Onsite services offered are Sunday morning 8:45am, 10:45am, and 6:00pm and Wednesday 7:00pm. Seating will be limited at each service.
ONCE YOU ARRIVE …
When arriving, we need everyone to have an attitude of prayer, cooperation, and teamwork by closely following these onsite guidelines. This is the best we can do at this time. Not fully abiding by these guidelines could affect the health and safety of others and could further delay us all coming back together. Please cooperate!
- ARRIVE ON-TIME OR EARLY since it may take a little longer for seating.
- RESPECT! Please keep in mind this is everyone’s first world-wide health pandemic and we are all dealing with it from different places and perspectives.
- SOCIAL DISTANCE: At all times while on church property, we ask that you practice social distancing (6 feet of space between you and others outside of your household or family). We know you would like to shake hands, hug, and talk since we have missed each other but please restrain for the time being … just smile (behind your mask) and do a lot of waving!
- “TOUCHLESS” ENTRANCES / EXITS: Entry/exit doors will be propped open so you can just walk through.
- CLEAN HANDS: Please wash your hands before and after services and use the hand sanitizing stations located throughout the building. And don’t forget … cover coughs, sneezes, and don’t touch your face.
- MASKS: Masks are strongly recommended and will be provided free if you do not have your own. All volunteers and staff will also be wearing masks. Don’t feel uncomfortable – you can worship with a mask and from the heart!
- LOBBY: For the time being, the Lobby will not be used as a place to mingle and fellowship. Instead, it will be like an “airport people mover” so get in your lane and keep it moving!
- RESTROOMS are available and cleaned before and after each service. Water fountains and mints will temporarily be unavailable.
- SEATING: Seating will be social distanced and you may not get your “regular seat”. Once you are seated and ready to worship, we ask that you remain in your seat for the entire service if possible. Ushers will seat you before the service and escort you out after the service.
- OVERFLOW SEATING will be available in the Lower Level and in the Youth Center with a live video stream at both locations. Families with small children are also welcome to use these areas.
- OFFERING: We appreciate your faithfulness to your Church during this time and encourage online giving. There will be no offering plate passed during the service. If you have a tithe, place it in the offering receptacles as you enter/exit the sanctuary or mail checks to VFFWB, Attention: Finance Team, 1503 Riverview Drive, Elizabethton, TN
- BULLETINS will be online via church website and app and paper copies can be picked up in the Lobby.
- CHILDCARE will not be available in “The Ark” temporarily. However, we welcome children at all services. “Quiet Rooms” with live streaming of the service are available for families on the lower level.
- CLASSES & SMALL GROUPS will remain online only for the immediate future. We strongly encourage our teachers to keep your groups connected via technology.
- EVENTS & ACTIVITIES: Even though we are currently in a “holding pattern”, we are planning activities / events in an effort to resume exciting church life as soon as possible!
- CLEANING CREWS will be thoroughly sanitizing and disinfecting the sanctuary, lobby, and restrooms before and after each service. Please take all of your belongings and trash with you as you leave.
- WORSHIP & PRAISE THE LORD! Let’s not forget the most important thing whether onsite or online! Let’s lift up JESUS!
Love, Learn, Live! We love and appreciate you all! Philippians 4:4-8