VALLEY FORGE FWB CHURCH CORONAVIRUS STATEMENT – MARCH 13, 2020
Dear Valley Forge Church Family,
As you are probably well aware, our nation is experiencing a world-wide disease pandemic called Coronavirus or COVID 19. Although this is a serious disease, we as Christians should not be shocked or panic in fear realizing the Bible plainly tells us difficult times including diseases will come. While we currently do not know how this will affect us, we do know we are to trust God and be His Church!
Regardless of your position or opinion on this health crisis, this is not a time to debate and divide… instead it is a time to unite together, pray for those affected by this disease, and respectfully follow those in authority over us (1 Timothy 2:2) including government officials and health care professionals.
Although times are currently uncertain and our daily lives have been disrupted by this serious disease, we are told as Christians not to have a spirit of fear. Instead, we are to have a spirit of power, love, and a sound mind. (2 Timothy 1:7).
After closely monitoring, evaluating, and collaborating with both government leaders, medical professionals, and local Pastors in our community, our church leadership is proposing the following short-term plan of action for Valley Forge.
This Sunday, March 15, we will offer one worship service at 10:45am. There will be no Sunday School or Evening Worship Service.
FOR THOSE WHO ATTEND
This service will be open for those who feel comfortable attending and we encourage them to follow guidelines as specified by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and posted throughout the Church. The following measures are being taken to lessen the risk of exposure or transmission of disease …
- Hand sanitizing stations are located for usage throughout the building.
- Common surfaces (door handles, backs of pews, restrooms, etc.) have been thoroughly sanitized.
- There will be no child care for this service.
- There will be no golf cart shuttles in parking area.
- The bulletin will be online. Paper bulletins can be requested at Forge Connect.
- The Lower Level class room area will be closed including the Elevator. Those who cannot climb stairs need to be brought to the upper level main entrance.
- We will not be doing “fellowship” during the service and encourage smiles and verbal greetings instead of handshakes and hugs before, during, and after the service.
- Tithes and Offerings will be received in the Lobby instead of “passing the plate.” Envelopes will be available in the Lobby. You may want to try online giving through the church app or website.
FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT ATTEND:
- We will be livestreaming the service on the church website (valleyforgechurch.com) and via Facebook Live. We will miss you but pray you are blessed by the Holy Spirit.
- Take care of yourself: If you are sick or have any cold or flu-like symptoms, please stay home and recuperate or see your doctor.
- Don’t risk it ... At risk individuals (as defined by the CDC) are older adults and those who are chronically ill. Although all ages get the disease, it seems to be hardest on these.
- Give! We need and appreciate on-line giving through the church app and website. Tithe and offering checks can be mailed to 1503 Riverview Drive, Elizabethton, TN 37643.
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
- DON’T FEAR & PANIC … this may cause more health issues than the actual disease. Christians have a great opportunity to live out your faith and overcome worry and fear. Calm is contagious.
- HEALTHY PRACTICES: 20-second hand washes, cover your cough, give people their space, stay home if you are sick, do not touch your face, nose, or eyes are a few key practices.
- DON’T WASTE OPPORTUNITIES to spend “social distancing” time getting closer to your family and The Lord! It’s a great time to witness, serve others, and be the Church!
- STAY CONNECTED: This is an on-going and frequently changing situation that we are closely monitoring. Whether you can attend or not, please stay connected to our church online resources for any updates, schedule changes, and live-streamed services.
- PASS THE WORD: We would appreciate you passing this important information along to those who may not have email, texting, or online internet access.
- PRAY & READ GOD’S WORD! Please pray regularly and fervently for those affected by this disease as well as our church family, community, state, nation, and the world that Christ died for. Pray for us, our government officials, medical professionals, and those working to provide treatment and a cure for this pandemic. Note: this Sunday, March 15 has been designated as a National Day of Prayer by the President of the United States. Read Psalm 91 and other scripture to encourage you and build up your trust in The Lord!
- LET US KNOW HOW WE CAN HELP YOU? Call Church Office at (423) 542-5344.
WE LOVE OUR CHURCH!
Pastor Randy and the Valley Forge Church Leadership